Public Lake Cabins of Alaska

Maps, Charts, & Books

For southeast Alaska the Tongass National Forest, map R10-RG-164 is the only non-aviation map required. For the Chugach National Forest you need R10-RG-165. These maps show every cabin. These two National Forests are the only ones in Alaska which have cabins rented by the federal government. These maps are available at the Forest Service Store, phone number 406 329 3024.

When you fly the Canadian coast carry Nav Canada’s Water Aerodrome Supplement. This will give you all the details on docks and fuel along the coast.